Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Going Back Where I Belong

This poem addresses my thoughts on returning from UCSB to study at VVC.

I thought that I'd be missed, when I became dismissed.
And I, withdrawn, and I, once gone and nowhere to be seen...
Surely one would notice that barren seat or empty sheets.
But my silent phone taunted my of my lost home.
No friends paused and no friends called, perhaps because I made no
impact on their intact lives.
I thought I would, I could remain
something special in their minds, not empty lines on empty page.
The waves are washing in my soul, until I still my restless goal.
I must return to love, to home!
Is it ubsurd I crave to brave the challenge until success or grave?
Community college...second rate! Compared to college of more than knowledge.
Santa Barbara holds much more than lore and I abhor I had to leave.
But I believe I can achieve, I can't conceive I won't retrieve my place where I belong!
So goodbye desert. Hello UCSB.

No comments:

Post a Comment