Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My Love is a Metaphor

Another one of my earlier works. I wanted to write a metaphor/list poem and this was the result


She is not an age-yellowed paper, long forgotten awaiting the pen.
She is a leather-bound book, embossed with a golden name.
She is not a golden crown, nor the queen upon the throne.
She is a goddess and the temple.
She is not a lover who's mind embraces her desire.
She is my healing heart, pushing the blood through my veins.
She is not a kitten, playing idly with a ball of string.
She is a lioness, relentlessly pursuing her prey.
She is not a koala or a sloth,
she is the try on which they fly.
She is not a moose or wolf or bear,
she is the wilds in which they dwell.
She is not a shark, a dolphin or a whale,
she is the sea in which they swim.
She is not the ground on which I walk,
she is the Earth on which I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment